We created the Yamaha Mallet Resource Guide to act as an effective supplement to any classroom method book. Music educators can use the guide's exercises, scales and études to help students learn more about mallet percussion and develop their knowledge and musicality.
The Yamaha Mallet Resource Guide is split into the following five sections:
1. Music Fundamentals: An introduction to music fundamentals, including the treble clef, major scale, note values, dynamics, the circle of fifths and a glossary.
2. Hand Warm-Ups: Basic exercises to get the student's hands moving.
3. Major Scales: All of the major scales are notated for easy reference.
4. Scale Patterns: These exercises can be used to strengthen the student's knowledge of the major scales.
5. Études: These short études will help the student develop their musicality.
Click here to download the Yamaha Mallet Resource Guide.
Article written by Dr. Dave Gerhart. This article was originally published on the Yamaha Music USA blog.