The Yamaha team is looking forward to meeting you at this year’s American String Teachers Association (ASTA) Virtual National Conference and serving your professional needs in any way we can.
Ask us about the free resources we have for you when it comes to program planning, advocacy, funding and other teaching and professional development needs.
Welcome from Ken Dattmore
Each year, the ASTA conference gives us an opportunity to connect with all of you and to remind you that Yamaha is your partner in music education, not just through our great student acoustic instruments and innovative Silent/Electric products but also with resources, support and professional development. We know how difficult this past year has been as we have navigated through these uncertain times. It was only last year we left the Orlando conference with a feeling of success and looking forward to seeing all you again in person this year. We want to express our appreciation and gratitude to the staff of ASTA for working hard to arrange this opportunity to talk with you virtually. We want to continue to hear about your programs and learn about you and your specific needs to see how Yamaha can partner with you to help.
Yamaha Corporation of America is profoundly committed to enriching lives through music education. For over 50 years we have been dedicated to serving music-makers of all ages through our global music instruction schools, in our commitment to music education advocacy, through teacher professional development programs and in our partnerships with music service organizations. We look forward to connecting with you at ASTA 2021.
I'm so happy to join you — albeit digitally. Have a wonderful conference!
— Ken Dattmore, Marketing Manager, Strings
Sunday, March 7, 3:00-3:45 p.m. EST — Yamaha Acoustic and Electric Strings: Tools and Tips for the Innovative Educator: As an innovative educator, you' will learn everything from getting your youngest students started on their first acoustic instrument to raising up electric string rock stars, this session will equip you with the tools you need to become a more efficient and effective string educator. Join this session with Yamaha Performing Artist Nina DiGregorio as we explore how to best leverage new technologies in your string classroom.
Professional Development Resources
Through the Yamaha Educator Suite blog site and SupportED magazine, Yamaha reaches thousands of educators with professional development tips, advice and resources. Here is a sampling of our top professional development articles.
- Stay Connected During Online Instruction
- How to Choose an Amplifier for Your Electric String Instrument
- Post-Pandemic Planning Guide
- Celebrating Excellence in Music Education — “40 Under 40”
- Christian Howes: Versatile Violin Virtuoso
- 7 Ways to Help Band Directors Tackle Strings Education
- The ABCs of Classroom Management
- Electric Strings Ensemble Checklist
- Quick Start Guide to Dorico
- Funding Resource Roundup
- Black Violin Dares Students to Dream Big
- Resources for Online Teaching
- New to Teaching Strings?
- Tips to Manage Workload and Find Work-Life Balance
- Case Study: How to Grow a High School Orchestra Program
- Avoid Burnout
- Positive Mental Health Strategies
- Case Study: A Las Vegas Middle School Orchestra’s Remarkable Success
- 6 Ways to Overcome Overwhelm
- Cellist Mike Block’s Musical Quest
- The Yamaha Master Educator Collective: Learn from Distinguished Teachers